Parts of a web page citation
- author – family name first followed by initials.
(See page 6 of the Cheat Sheet for more detail on author names).
- date – year in brackets.
- title – title of the article; capitalize only the first word and names.
- subtitle – separate from the title with a colon, capitalize only the first word and names.
- location detail – state “Retrieved from” and then URL; do not activate the URL link, Break the URL before the punctuation (. – / ). Include the name of the university if from a university website. Include the month and day if from a website that changes often, e.g. a wiki.
- web page from a university website with university name
- wiki page with month, day & year